We often lack coziness in a big city. Among panel and solid-cast buildings it would be so nice to have your own oasis of piece and calmness. If you agree with this statement we ask you to pay attention to Spanish style in the interior that is literally soaked with Mediterranean way of life.
We should remember that majority of houses in Spain are quite typical. Though, special entourage of the very country and sea proximity definitely inspires. Almost all of the represented in the article objects are located in Barcelona, so we are going to reveal the secrets of this exclusive style.
Some people consider a kitchen a heart of the house, but Spanish house favors a living-room. Maximum cozy due to warm color scheme and lots of fabrics it represents the perfect place for having rest.
- a cozy sofa in a classic configuration with fabric upholstery in light or spicy colors;
- many different cushions that match each other creating an inspired mood;
- European positioning of auxiliary furniture — bed table and chests that we can use for supporting big vases;
- it also implies presence of light carpet, one-color curtains and floor-lamp.
Color scheme choice is also quite important. White or any other light shade lies in the bases, for example, light-peach, pink or vanilla. Large-size furniture should be light and smaller elements can be of more dense colors, which allow adding to a room some profundity.
Many Spanish living-rooms are monochrome. For example they can be only of white color and have some other shade of yellow or brown. Such a variant looks cozy in Provence or rustic style.
Spanish interior is very demanding in small items. Each box, vase, candlestick and shelf matches the general look perfectly completing its perfection. Such an interior organically includes traditional European furniture – luxurious armchairs, crystal lantern, buffets and other carved chest of drawers.
Spanish people prefer only several types of beds:
- the simplest, wooden made of solid wood light colors;
- the same but with the towers like in the photo above;
- or made of wrought iron.
The simplest variant is the first one, where the simplest (but made of solid-wood and not plastic wood panels) bed becomes almost a luxurious with the expense of many cushions and refined accessories.